We understand that finding funds to purchase new instructional resources can often times be a bit challenging. To make this task easier for you, we have put together over 700 different funding sources that BodyViz is eligible for. These included many federal, state, and local funding sources. To learn specifics about how BodyViz learning solutions meet the requirements of these funding sources, contact us today!
The CARES Act Educational Emergency Relief Funds
In recent communications with many institutions, our team has quickly picked up on trends relating to institutional and departmental budget cuts. In a time where educators are scrambling to determine how to effectively teach anatomy courses online, shutting off access to these resources can be detrimental. Thankfully BodyViz is eligible for funding under the CARES Act activities listed below.
Relief Funding by Institution
BodyViz falls under the following allowable activities supported by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act:
- Any activities authorized by ESSA, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, and the Perkins Career and Technical Education Act
- Activities to address the unique needs of low-income students, students with disabilities, English learners, and racial and ethnic minorities
- Resources for deans and school leaders to meet the needs of their schools
- Planning for and coordinating during long-tern closures and providing online learning to all students
- Purchasing education technology for students
- Planning and implementing summer learning
- Other activities to maintain operations and continue services
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-Strengthening Institutions Program
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-Minority Serving Institutions
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-Tribally Control Colleges and Universities
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-Historically Black Colleges and Universities
BodyViz is eligible to be funded through several federal funding sources including Title I, Perkins and e-rate rebates, and the CARES Act.
- Title I:
- Title I provides financial assistance to local educational agencies and schools with high numbers or high percentages of students from low-income families to ensure that all students meet challenging state academic standards. Every year $14 billion in Title I funds are distributed to schools across the country. Schools with 40% or more of children in poverty can allocate title I funding through a school-wide program.
- Perkins Career and Technical Education Act:
- Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act funding focuses on the academic and technical achievement of CTE students, particularly in Health Careers. The current funding mission mentions specifically simulation of real work environments, which aligns with the BodyViz learning experience.
- E-rate Rebate:
- Federal e-rate Universal Service Fund e-rate BEAR (Billed Entity Applicant Reimbursement) rebates are another possible avenue for BodyViz funding as the rebates are not limited to infrastructure and can be spent on anything approved by the e-rate coordinator. An institution should check with their e-rate coordinator for possible leverage of e-rate rebates.
- Investing in Education Fund:
- The Investing in Education Fund provides competitive grants for schools that show an improvement in student performance. These grants are meant to allow for schools to discover what best encourages student success.
National Funds and Grants
Follow this link for funds and grants that are available to schools and universities across the United States.
Private funding options include education foundations, like the Carnegie Foundation and corporate-led initiatives, foundations and grants from companies such as Citgo, Best Buy, and Toyota.
State Specific Funds and Grants
Use the following links to state-specific websites to learn more about what might be available to you in your state.
Not Finding a Fit for You?
Use this search tool to find additional grants relevant to your specific organization and program.
Grant Writing Template
This document has been prepared to support potential customers in pursuit of funding for BodyViz. The language provided within this document has been standardized for use in federal, state, and private grant applications.